Total hip replacement
Hip replacement or arthroplasty is an operating process in which new artificial parts of the hip joint or Prosthesis are removed and substituted for the damaged parts. The techniques are ultimately directed at:
- Improving movement,
- Restoration of hip joint good function;
- Relieves the discomfort caused by bone trauma.
Support to lead daily lives with certain limitations and do everyday activities
The orthopedic prescribes this technique because all the previous means of therapy have not been appropriate to alleviate the discomfort. Modern or minimally invasive hip replacement surgery may be performed. The distinction between the two methods is essentially the extent of the incision. A sore hip joint can be lightened, making it easier to go. Hip Replacement is one of the most effective and efficient orthopedic procedures in B.P Poddar Hospital, with the largest percentages of patients reporting better outcomes without infections.
Hip replacement is the most effective and efficient treatment in orthopedics at present with as many patients reporting better outcomes. Hip repair operations at the lowest cost in the world are conducted routinely by B.P Poddar. In Kolkata, India’s average hip replacement costs are much higher than B.P Poddar’s costs.
People who are ready for this surgery must beÂ suffering from mild to extreme arthritis of the hip, which induces discomfort and/or affects normal life behaviors, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and/or post-traumatic arthritis. The signs are as follows:
- It is difficult to walk, climb steps, and bend to get into and out of seats.
- And during the night, the pain is mild to extreme.
- During the usual exercise, joint degeneration induced a steepness that affects the range of the hip. The person may have a limp.
- Symptoms such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, steroid injections, or cane or walker use cannot be sufficiently mitigated by non-surgical procedures.
Some 90 % of patients with hip substitution have arthritis. In order to fix complications due to broken blood or other medical issues such as osteoporosis (bone death from insufficient blood supply), in addition to arthritis, some patients undergo hip replacement surgery.
If you have hip pain, it is best to consider hip replacement and consult a specialist:
- Continues, amid pain drugs
- Worsens even with a cane or walker with walking
- It impairs your sleep
- It’s hard to get dressed
- Affects your staircase or descent ability
- It is difficult to get out of a sitting position
How is it performed in B. P. Poddar?
The Orthopaedics and Joint Surgery Department aim to offer specialist diagnosis and treatment to patients. B.P Poddar doctors are committed to improving the quality of life of patients with such disabilities and to returning the disabled to a stable level of operation. It is one of the centers of excellence for B.P Poddar â€“ the Department is committed to delivering competent and cutting-edge medical care. A multidisciplinary approach is extended to the patient at the hospital.
The majority of people seeking a hip replacement are between 50 and 80, while patients are assessed on their own by orthopedic surgeons. Total hip replacements at all ages from the young youth with young arthritis to the elderly individual with degenerative arthritis were successful.
- Earliest mobilization with minimum inconvenienceÂ is the main goal
- This state-of-the-art healthcare complex is meant to provide the best technical experience and treatment for patients.
- The Institute seeks to provide proof-based care of multiple orthopedic diseases and trauma disorders around the country.
- In order to provide our patients with the greatest quality of specialized facilities, B.P Poddar integrates its know-how in the fields of health care, clinical science, and academia.
The hip replacementÂ surgery at B.P Poddar aims at:
- Relief from constant pain.
- Improved flexibility.
- Enhancement of everyday tasks.
- Enhanced life quality.