B.P Poddar Hospital in Kolkata (India) offers shoulder substitution services for the replacement of new shoulder, shoulder joint replacement, total shoulder repair, shoulder dislocation operations replacement, frozen shoulder operations for the lowest cost in Kolkata (India) compared to other facilities in Kolkata (India). A complete substitute for the shoulder is a highly effective treatment in patients with shoulder inflammation and, in some cases, after a serious shoulder injury for minimizing pain and improving mobility. Shoulder substitute relieves pain and assists in recovering shoulder movements, strength, and function. 95 % of people are painless a year following surgery, which helps them to train their shoulders and re-establish strength and motion. Most patients can play tennis, cycling, yoga, or pilates and have previously avoided such physical exercise because of shoulder pain.
- Before this operation, you will undergo anesthesia. It is possible to get two forms of anesthesia:
- You are asleep and unable to sense the discomfort of general anesthesia.
- Local (regional) anesthesia, so you don’t experience the pain in your arm and shoulder field. You will also be offered medication to help relax during the surgery if you undergo local anesthesia.
- The round end of your arm bone is replaced with the artificial stalk with a squared metal head for full shoulder replacement. A clear acrylic coat (lining), which is fixed in place by special adhesive, replaces the socket (glenoid) on the shoulder blade. If only one of these 2 bones is to be removed, the procedure is called partial hemiarthroplasty, or replacement of the shoulder.
How is it performed in B. P. Poddar?
At B.P Poddar shoulder replacement surgery is done in this way:
- Regional anesthesia or general anesthesia is administered to allow the patient unconscious during the operation. However, both regional and general anesthesia is used for most cases of complete shoulder replacement. The individual’s seating posture is controlled.
- With a shoulder incision to be treated, the complete shoulder substitution process begins. Then the deltoid and pectoral muscles are removed to create a broad nerve-free region, where the nerve is not at risk. To see and treat the arthritis-provoking part, the front (facing) rotary cuff of the muscle is removed. Mainly the ball and the socket are these parts.
- The next step is the removal of the defective portion and the implantation of the new plug, ball, and stem section for the full shoulder joint reconstruction. The implants have different forms, but mainly the same basic aspect as the metal ball against a plastic socket.
- The surgeon then stitches the rotating cuff of the muscle after implantation, then stitches the incision, and then covers it with a temporary bandage.
Some people today experience another issue in the shoulder after a replacement operation, that of mangrove tear arthropathy. Such symptoms are seen when an individual has a big mango tear. And the reverse overall surgery for replacement of the shoulder reduces serious pain.