The success rate is higher at B.P Poddar Hospital, Kolkata, India, with Laparoscopic Oophorectomy. B.P Poddar has a team of doctors, new instruments for these operations and even cost-effective procedures. The Bilateral Oophorectomy, Unilateral Oophorectomy is done here. In addition to other hospitals, the B.P Poddar Hospital has a wide range of services.
Oophorectomy is an operation to extract all ovaries or one ovary.
a) Bilateral oophorectomy: where all ovaries are missing.
b) Unilateral oophorectomy: if only one ovary is removed.
Why do you have oophorectomy?
Oophorectomy should be conducted for:
- A canal-ovarian abscess- a bag filled with a falopian tube and an ovary
- OvarianÂ cancer
- Ovarian tumours or cysts that are not cancerous (benign)
- Reduce the possibility of cervical cancer or breast cancer in women
- Twisting of an ovary Ovaries
You will get anaesthesia during an oophorectomy to make you sleepy. During the treatment, you won’t be conscious.
- Open Oophorectomy: Surgery with a major incision. The surgeon makes an incision in your belly to reach your ovaries during an open oophorectomy. Per ovary is isolated and removed by the surgeon from the blood flow and tissue surrounding it.
- Oophorectomy: Several minor incisions for surgery. Laparoscopic chirurgy requires 3 to 4 minor incisions in the abdomen.
Through a cut and special surgical instruments, the surgeon implants a tube with a small camera. The camera sends video to a console in the operating room used by the surgeon to perform the surgical instruments. The blood flow and the underlying tissue are removed from each ovary and stored in a pouch. From one of the minor incisions the bag is separated from the belly.